Proxmox 5 to 6 Upgrade
How to upgrade from Proxmox 5 to 6.
Official documentation : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0
- Make sure your /boot partition has enough place for the new Kernel.
- Make sure you actually have a healthy cluster (all nodes present, no cluster errors).
- Make sure you cluster is running the latest packages for you current release (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade on all nodes
- Accept the harsh reality that you might end up scrapping an hypervisor (make sure you have backups!)
- You will need to reboot the Hypervisor following the Kernel upgrade so either migrate the VM out or shutdown the VMs first.
Run the PVE 5 to 6 migration checklist script.
[email protected]:~# pve5to6 = CHECKING VERSION INFORMATION FOR PVE PACKAGES = ----- SNIPPED OUTPUT ----- TOTAL: 24 PASSED: 19 SKIPPED: 2 WARNINGS: 3 FAILURES: 0
Make sure you know that the Warnings are known and that no Failures are present.
Shutdown and upgrade Corosync first (ON ALL NODES - BEFORE UPDATING OTHER PACKAGES).
systemctl stop pve-ha-lrm echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/corosync-3/ stretch main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/corosync3.list apt update apt dist-upgrade --download-only apt dist-upgrade
Remove any leftover packages
Proceed with the actual upgrade
sed -i -e 's/stretch/buster/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-install-repo.list apt update apt dist-upgrade shutdown -r now #Confirm the PVE version actually running pveversion